Saturday, January 3, 2009

It's Late and I'm Fooling around with...Duo Chromes

Seems the new Vanity set-up I got today has inspired a lot of playing around with my make-up.  I watched a video on youtube that spoke of duo chromes and inspired me.  The swatches below are all placed over black eyeliner.  When you place a duo chrome shadow over a dark base (or black eyeliner) the "duo" color will show up.  Think "iridescent".


Some of my favorite duo chromes are:

MAC

Stars 'N' Rockets (iridescent pink and purple)
Gorgeous Gold (literally is a gorgeous gold with a teal/green duo chrome)
Vex (grey with pink duo chrome)
Smoke and Diamonds (Grey with green duo chrome--like a Japanese beetle I think)
Motif (Cream/yellowish with  pink duo chrome)

Beauty From the Earth (BFTE)

Whisper (White with light blue Duo Chrome)
Mermaid (Yellow with Green Duo Chrome) 
*Mermaid is very similar to MAC's Gorgeous Gold*


Kryolan

Pink Sunset (Pink with purpley duo chrome) 
*Pink Sunset is very similar to MAC's Stars 'N' Rockets*

Have fun with Duo chromes and experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment